This year the Carolinas District will be attending International Convention in the beautiful and historic city of San Antonio, Texas! Not only will we be participating in the biggest gathering of Key Clubbers across the world, but we will also be touring all across the south on our way there and back! With excursions planned in New Orleans, Houston, and Dallas this is a trip you don't want to miss. Remember, registration is due by May 1st so if you're interested you need to act quick! You can fill out the Registration Packet here.
The Carolinas District Tour
- We'll start off our tour by visiting the home of the famous Duck Dynasty family in Monroe, Louisiana!
- Later, we'll head to see a Texas Rangers v. Boston Red Sox game in Dallas and then see a fireworks show for the 4th of July!
- The next day, we'll visit the Dealey Plaza and Book Depository Museum where we'll learn about the conspiracy theories surrounding JFK's assassination and see the historic spot where it happened.
- After the convention, we'll stop in Houston to tour the Johnson Space Center and then make our way to New Orleans!
- When we arrive in New Orleans, we'll go on a carriage ghost tour through the streets and visit the French Quarter, Jackson Square, and Cafe Du Monde!
The annual Key Club International Convention (ICON) is an amazing event to experience. From International Board elections, to meet-and-greet sessions with Key Clubbers from around the world, ICON is an exciting and educational experience that you're sure to love. We'll spend our time at the convention listening to inspiring motivational speakers, attending informative and helpful workshops, and dancing the night away with our fellow Key Clubbers at both of ICON's annual dances. Whether it be experience, excitement, or entertainment, this convention has it all!
For more information about ICON visit http://www.keyclub.org/events/convention.aspx. To register for the convention and Carolinas District Tour fill out the Registration Packet here by May 1st!
We look forward to seeing you there!