A Note From Your District Treasurer
Dear Clubs and Faculty Advisors,
It’s that time of year again – dues payment season. In order for your club to be considered active and in good standing with both Key Club International and the Carolinas District, you must pay dues. Dues are $13.00 per member (half goes to the Carolinas District, half to Key Club International). Your club pays dues through a platform known as the Membership Update Center (MUC), and dues must be paid by December 1. Since this deadline is quickly approaching, I’ve written out a basic rundown of how your club can pay dues.
5 Easy Steps to Pay for Dues!
- The Membership Update Center is open for clubs to start entering members. Entering members should be done by the club secretary.
- Go to www.keyclub.org/MUC
- Use your advisor’s email address and password that your advisor set up to login (see below for password set-up instructions).
- After you’re logged in, fill in the information or edit the information for all members (for example, delete graduated seniors or add new members).
- Once your club membership is completely updated, print the invoice and either 1) mail it with the dues check or 2) submit credit card information directly after generating invoice. You will be charged $13 per member.
If you’ve recently experienced a change in faculty advisors, or if this is the first time you are accessing the Membership Update Center, you must set up a password before you can enter members and pay dues. Here’s how to do it.
How to Create a Password (completed by the Faculty Advisor)
- The first time you use the system, do not fill in your email or attempt to put in a password. Instead, click Register/Reset Password the first time you attempt to use the Member Update Center.
- Enter the faculty advisor’s email address on record and a hyperlink will be sent that email to set up your password.
- Check your email and your spam folder for the email. Note that the response is not necessarily immediate.
- If an advisor or club secretary is having problems accessing the information, send an email to email@example.com with the problem AND include all of their contact information for updating (club’s full name, your name, email, phone). This information must be emailed.
- Clubs can now begin entering members (go to Five Easy Steps to Pay Dues above).
This outlines the basic dues payment process, but here are a few more tips and reminders –
- You can only pay your dues by two methods: either by credit card via the MUC, or by printing out the invoice from the MUC and mailing it to the address listed on the invoice. Do not send cash!
- The deadline for paying dues is December 1.
- Often times, schools need to have a check sent by a bookkeeper. If this is the case with your school, follow up with your bookkeeper after some time and make sure the check has been mailed. This prevents a miscommunication from occurring, and ensures the dues are paid,
I hope this was helpful! If you have any further questions or issues regarding dues payment, don’t hesitate to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yours in Service,
Ryan B. Smith, Carolinas District Treasurer